- Advanced Manufacturing Outreach Event – MFG Day – October 6th, 2017
Manufacturing Day is a celebration of modern manufacturing meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturers.
- Manufacturing: Moving Humanity Forward – June 3rd, 2017
Manufacturing Day 2016
Business and Entrepreneurship
- Apply to be the Lead College for the Intuit Education + NACCE Pilot: Financial Management for Entrepreneurs Curriculum Initiative – Applications accepted from December 5 to December 19, 2018
- 2016 Inland Empire/Desert Region Assessment of Small Business & Entrepreneurship Advisory Committees
- NACCE College Membership Available
- Young Invincibles Flyer
- Pathways Presentation: Slide presentation made at the Pathways to Prosperity curriculum workshop held at Hesperia High School on November 12, 2014
Curiosity Quest/VEI Trade Show – Pasadena Sizzle
Energy, Construction & Utilities
- This McKinsey report has a wealth of information on the impact that technology will have on work, including automation, energy efficiency, renewable energy, predicting the creation of 10 million jobs globally from new energy technologies. Read the full report.
- Check out this article on High Performance Building Operators at AutomatedBuildings.com.
- The Lighting Controls Association (LCA) has partnered with the California Community Colleges to provide LCA’s Education Express online training programs – read the announcement.
- Over 1.9 million jobs in America are focused on Energy Efficiency, with 13% job growth. California is the biggest market for Energy Efficiency Workers, at over 320,000 jobs. Read E2.ORG’s study.
- Read the CEC’s study exploring barriers to and opportunities for expanding low-income customers’ access to energy efficiency, weatherization, and renewable energy investments.
- NPR reports that San Francisco has begun requiring rooftop solar on new commercial buildings beginning January, 2017.
- ​Why energy for industry matters: Read this release from Siemens.
- ​This report says that California has the 4th lowest per capita energy consumption in the country.
- ​Read this report on Prop 39 from CA Senate President Pro Tem Kevin De León.
- ​The Department of Energy is refining the definition of Zero Net Energy Buildings to gain consistency across the industry.
- The CA Economic Summit has taken notice of our HVAC Employers Collaborative.
- ​Just how many jobs does energy efficiency create? Read this BLOG POST from the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE). The Answer is encouraging!
- In the past 6 years, the Advanced Energy Industry has grown 28% across the US, now supporting 3 million jobs. Read this jobs report from the Advanced Energy Economy Institute for 2017.​​
- The PG&E Pacific Energy Center is holding two training days on October 19 & 25: Case Studies in Advanced Lighting Controls: Learning from Exemplary Project; and Lighting Controls: How Occupant Behavior Impacts Building Energy Performance and ZNE. Register through the PEC web site.
- Friday June 1, the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Program at Mt. San Antonio College conducted its 10th Annual Student Exhibition and Open House. Program graduates met with potential employers to demonstrate practical projects in Mt. SAC’s mechanical, electrical, and building automation labs.
- The 2018 HVAC Educators and Trainers Conference was held March 28 & 29 at the South Point Hotel in Las Vegas, NV.
- The Rebuild Green Expo was held February 23, 10am-7pm, at the Santa Rosa Veterans Hall. After last year’s fires, rebuild the North Bay sustainably and green. DSN Bruce Greenstein will be presenting and moderating a panel discussion.
- The BEST Center 2018 Annual Institute for Faculty of Building Automation & Performance Programs at Laney College was held January 3-6, 2018.
- The North/Far North Region Building & Energy Training Collaborative held its kick-off meeting on January 9, 2018 at Cosumnes River College.
- Advanced Energy Career Day, Sept. 22, 2017, was recognized by California Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia as an outstanding event for providing educational opportunities in sustainable energy to students. View the certificate of recognition here, and learn about CoD’s new Building and Energy Systems Professional pathway. Showcasing the FOLDRZ microgrid system from JLM Energy.
Hot off the Press! Latest issue of HWI Magazine featuring information on Providing Services to Business
Roadmap for Creating a Health Care Work-Based Learning Program
A Guide to Creating and Expanding Health Sector Work-Based Learning Opportunities for High School Students
Hot off the press! The California Community Colleges Guidebook to developing a successful Faculty Externship Program. Click here to download this user-friendly guide that provides a general framework, with sample templates, for the design of a Faculty Externship Program including logistical considerations, recruiting, and management of participants (HWI – Inland Empire 1070 project, with assistance from the Coachella Valley Economic Partnership 2014).