Who We Are
The Inland Empire/Desert Regional Consortium (IEDRC) serves as a regional framework to communicate, coordinate, collaborate, promote and plan career and technical education and workforce and economic development in the Inland Empire/Desert Region. The region includes nine community college districts comprised of 12 community colleges, two county offices of education, 56 public school districts, four regional occupational centers/programs, and more than 50 charter schools.
Educators play a key role in economic vitality and prosperity by preparing residents for positions and careers that pay a living wage. The Inland Empire/Desert Regional Consortium partners are committed to working together to provide the region with workforce development programs that address real needs and contribute to economic prosperity. Emphasis on the following strategic priorities is essential in order to accomplish our Strong Workforce mission.
- Assist colleges in achieving the Vision for Success
- Support the pillars of Guided Pathways
- Promote the statewide Workforce Pathways Joint Advisory Committee’s Principles to Support K-14+ Pathways
- Implement the recommendations of the Board of Governor’s Taskforce on Workforce
- Leverage key talent funded through the California Community College Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO) and the region’s Strong Workforce Program to support the region’s priority and auxiliary sectors.
- Seek active employer engagement
- Facilitate progression from secondary to postsecondary education and transition into employment
- Focus on achieving measurable outcomes (metrics)
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- IEDRC Regional SWP Final Report – Round 2
- Strong Workforce Program Regional Plan (Strategic Plan)(Opens PDF)
Updated June, 2020
- Inland Empire Desert Region Governance Structure (Opens PDF on Google Drive)
Updated October, 2021